6 Most Common Pieces of Advice for Couples in Sex Therapy
As a Sex Therapist, these are 6 of the most common pieces of advice that I give out to couples in therapy:
1. Plan time for intimacy, especially if you have kids.
2. Use coconut oil for lube. For more lube recommendations, click here.
3. Read "Come As You Are" by Emily Nagoski, Ph.D. with your partner.
4. Mindfuly masturbate. Don't use port or fantasy, be fully present when you are masturbating.
5. Show your partner how you like to be touched. This can be masturbating in front of them or giving them an anatomy lesson on your own anatomy.
6. Invest in quality toys. Smitten Kittens have an online store that's really helpful, they have a lot of education about the toys that they sell.
Dr. Katie Schubert, Ph.D., LMHC has master's and doctorate degrees in Sociology and Gender studies from the University of Florida and a master's degree in clinical mental health counseling from Adams State University in Colorado. She completed her postgraduate studies at Florida Postgraduate Sex Therapy Training Institute and is a Certified Sex Therapist, providing therapy to individuals, couples, and families on issues related to sexuality, sex, and gender in St. Petersburg. She is the founder and clinical supervisor at Cypress Wellness Center, a group practice offering counseling and coaching services to individuals of all ages, couples, and families. Contact her at Katie@Cypresswellnesscenter.com.